Monday, April 2, 2007

Things that I have recently been angered by:

1) My english teacher: He is, without a doubt, one of the most rancid individuals I have ever been forced to come in contact with. Every single word he says makes me a) cringe and b) hate him even more than before. When listing characteristics I don't like about a person, if it becomes necessary for the list to turn into an actual outline (as displayed in the previous sentence), my feelings for that person involve nothing other than pure hatred. Every single move I make in his classroom he is on top of and ready to ridicule me for. If I whisper 2 words to the person next to me or rest my head on my desk for a split second, he immediately calls on me. Along with that, whenever I write a good paper for him he passes it back and says "I was surprised, Gregory, this was actually a good paper." The way he says my name... "Gregory"... is so condescending and unacceptable that I wish I could upload it in an mp3. He is absolutely intolerable.

2) The fact that I apparently have a speech impediment: I suppose that this needs no explanation. Even in normal conversations it poses a real problem.

3) Making awkward phone calls: Since I began to engage in the college process, it has become clear that engaging in daily awkward phone conversations is a prerequisite. Today I am supposed to call Salve Regina, one of two schools that I am considering for next year, and ask them about their program where potential students have lunch with current students and then go to a class with them. Not only do I not want to make the phone call, but I also don't want to have lunch/go to a class with a college student who I don't know and, in turn, pretend to be interested in what they have to say. Also, I know that when I make the phone call I'll have to make my speech about "wanting" to participate in this program to three people before being directed to the person who actually seems like he/she cares. Repeating my speech is not only unpleasant for the people who have to hear it, but also highlights my previously mentioned speech impediment.

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments:

Post a Comment